Recent Posts

Monday, July 2, 2012

This Is It

Where have the last 2 months gone? Tonight I leave Kenya for the long journey back home after an incredible adventure abroad. It's definitely a bitter sweet feeling and I will be so happy when the goodbyes are over and my flights arrive safe and sound. Saying goodbye to the wonderful people here is the hardest part about leaving Kenya, but I do it with the hope that God will provide a way for me to return in the future. Thinking about all the joys of summer time in Jersey and the comforts of home excite me, but the thoughts of leaving some wonderful people and a country that I love behind breaks my heart. I'm sure going to miss this place.

But what a better way to end our trip than hiking Mt. Longonot with some of the hospital staff!


The volcano, Mt. Longonot, from a distance


Climbing the rim of the hole in the volcano


First peak!


The inside of the volcano and the mountain on the rim

It took us about 4.5 hours to finish the whole thing, and afterward Haley and I taught the Kenyans how to play ninja. Lets just say they loved it! 


Then they took us for some nyoma choma (aka grilled goat). I've had grilled goat before, but this did not taste good. It was good company as always though. 


God has blessed my time here so much! It's been great, Kenya! Until next time :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment